1. The lounge singer hoped to gratify audience members by taking requests for their favorite songs.
2. The author hoped the sequel to her bestseller would gratify her fans’ demands for more of the lead character’s history.
3. Hopefully the chocolate bar will gratify my desire for something sweet.
4. After the minister was caught trying to gratify his sexual desires with a prostitute, he was dismissed from his church leadership role.
5. Even though I know people often criticize my clothing choices, I only dress to gratify myself.