1. A crowd formed outside the courthouse to protest the jury’s edict that set the killer free.
2. The principal’s edict prohibits female students from wearing skirts and dresses that do not cover their knees.
3. When drivers learned Congress had passed an edict lowering the speed limit on federal highways, they were very upset.
4. The rebellious student went out of his way to disobey every edict issued by his principal.
5. According to the edict printed on the concert ticket, no video cameras may be taken inside of the arena.