1. My jealous sister tried to abase me by making fun of my reading glasses.
2. When my brother behaved badly, my mother would abase him by comparing him to a bad puppy.
3. Even though John was angry at his wife for losing a thousand dollars, he chose not to abase her with cruel words.
4. My stepmother is an evil woman who likes to abase little children because she had a miserable childhood herself.
5. I could not hold my tongue when the snobby customer in front of me tried to abase the salesperson by screaming at her.
6. I will not remain married to a man who tries to abase me in order to make me feel worthless!
7. The gossip columnist tried to abase the singer’s reputation by spreading lies about him.
8. Although Alice bullies smaller kids at school, she does not abase her younger brother at home.
9. Because Mark hated himself, he often tried to abase others by calling them names.
10. Although I need money badly, I will not abase myself by working for pennies.